Special Edition MVP Signature Page
Opus launches with one of the greatest pieces of memorabilia in the history of sport: the Special Edition MVP signature page.
Opus has today officially launched the first in an unprecedented series of epic, stunning and iconic publications designed to make the reader feel that they are experiencing the action and atmosphere as if they are actually there.
Montana, Riggins, Elway, Smith, Aikman, Brady…..true greats of the game and just part of one of the most significant peer groups in sports history – The Super Bowl MVPs! The first 400 copies of this 20,000 limited edition print run will contain a signature page that will represent one of the greatest pieces of memorabilia in the history of sport. This page will carry the personal signatures of every single living winner of the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player award. The signature page in these editions is unprecedented in the history of American football, and delivers a truly unique and highly collectable record of the all-time greats of Super Bowl.XL Super Bowl Opus contains many images that have never previously been published, and includes unique commissioned photography from many superb photographers, including the legendary Walter Iooss.
Iooss, one of the true legends of sports photography will be photographing every living winner of the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player award using one of the world’s only Polaroid 20×24 Studio Cameras, which at over 5 feet tall is capable of delivering gorgeous, richly detailed images that will match the unrivalled quality that characterises the Opus experience.
The Special Edition will be available for pre-order from today at a cost of $40,000. The Limited Editions, each signed by a major figure in the history of Super Bowl, are also available for pre-order from today at a cost of $4000.
XL Super Bowl Opus quick facts
• Over half a metre square (52 x 52 cm / 20 x 20 inches)
• Leather Bound – By hand
• Limited edition of 20,000
• Special edition of 400 with MVP signature page
• Over 900 pages
• Over 2,000 images
• Over 400,000 words
• Hand stitched
• Minimum of 6 colour processing, spot varnished images, gold and silver leaf
• Weighs over 35 kgs
• Delivered in hand-made, silk-covered clamshell box
• Unique commissioned photography from many superb photographers, including the legendary Walter Iooss
• Delivering hundreds of never seen before images celebrating the passion and emotion that is Super Bowl
• Employing the latest technology to ensure that the quality of images surpasses anything seen before
• Unique drawings and images from Tiffany’s illustrating the design and production of the iconic Lombardi trophy
• Key note interviews