Press Release: Opus joins forces with Shoothill
Luxury publishing and media company Opus Media Group PLC is delighted to announce a joint project with digital multimedia specialists Shoothill which will result in a revolutionary new technology being incorporated into an upcoming Opus and its related website.
In a unique collaboration, Shoothill, who have developed a groundbreaking new way of displaying images constructed from thousands of other individual pictures and videos, using Microsoft Silverlight, will employ Opus to portray these images on a gargantuan scale. The full extent of this amazing visual approach will become apparent on the microsite dedicated to the project, and via mobile phone downloads. Opus Media Group PLC and Shoothill both believe fans and visitors to the website will be astounded by the effect, resulting in a record-breaking number of downloads.
Karl Fowler, CEO of Opus Media Group PLC, declared: “We are very excited at the idea of working with Shoothill, who have greatly impressed us with their new imaging technology. We can see all sorts of possibilities for an ongoing partnership which will keep Opus Media Group PLC at the forefront of unique storytelling and ensure that we continue to be the trend-setter in our industry.”
Rod Plummer, Managing Director of Shoothill, added: “We’re delighted to have the opportunity to work with such a prestigious company as Opus, and we’re equally excited about the possibilities of bringing together their exceptional editorial content with our revolutionary visualisation techniques.”
Opus Media Group PLC are the company behind the epic Opus range of publications, including the Manchester United Opus, Arsenal Opus, Vivienne Westwood Opus and the Official Michael Jackson Opus. Subjects of forthcoming Opuses include Formula One, Major League Baseball, Ferrari and Sachin Tendulkar.
Shoothill are a Microsoft Gold Certified partner and a leading software developer specialising in data visualisation and mapping technologies. In addition to Microsoft they have supplied innovative solutions to MSN, BT, the NHS, the Imperial War Museum and several of the UK’s leading universities.
For further information, please contact Opus Media Group PLC’s head office on 0207 213 9587 or email to: [email protected]
Typically, an Opus is characterised by the following criteria:
• A minimum of 750 pages, each page measuring half a metre square
• Weighs over 30 kilos
• Exclusive interviews, photo shoots and features, plus a rich array of rare or previously unpublished archive photographs sourced from agencies and private collections worldwide
• The personal signatures of icons in their fields help to make special Opus editions amazing collectors’ items
• Each Opus contains showpiece gatefolds which open up to an incredible 200cm x 50cm (80” x 20”), allowing images to be displayed on an unprecedented scale
• The official cooperation of the key organisation or individuals associated with each Opus allows us to take you closer to the action than any book has ever done before
• Each Opus features special colour processes and individually varnished pictures printed on high-quality 200gsm paper for stunning visual impact and long-term durability
• Each Opus is sewn and bound by hand in finest leather and protected by a silk-covered clamshell case
• Designed to stand the test of time, limited print run Opuses have significant investment potential.