I was really delighted and flattered when I was asked if I would like to be the subject of an Opus.
When I saw the Manchester United Opus, I was so impressed by the quality of the writing, pictures and illustrations and the sheer scale of it that I agreed to become an official ambassador. If you haven’t seen an Opus before, it’s over 800 pages long, with each page half a metre square and weighs 30 kilos-plus. It’s certainly no ordinary book! To think that there will be a similar publication on me is just mind-blowing.
I have always shied away from doing books in the past, because I felt there was so much more for me to achieve on the cricket pitch. But now as I approach the end of my career, I think it is the right time for me to tell my story in detail for the first time, and I can’t think of a better way than in an Opus. We’ve also got lots of surprises lined up too, with contributions from lots of my friends, family, team-mates and opponents, and I’m sure it’s going to be something special.
The Official Sachin Tendulkar Opus will be available in a number of exciting different formats.
- Limited Strictly limited to 1,000 copies worldwide
- Signatures Each copy contains the personal signature of Sachin Tendulkar
- Size 18 inches width x 18 inches height (46 cms x 46 cms)
- Weight 82 pounds (37 kilos)
- Content Over 700 pages, with 50 per cent of all content newly commissioned for the Opus
- Words Over 100,000 words of fascinating content, including exclusive interviews and features
- Images In excess of 1,000 spectacular images which include rare photographs sourced from archives worldwide and exclusive photo shoots by renowned photographers
- Gatefolds Three gigantic gatefolds, each measuring an incredible 184 x 92cm (74 inches x 18 inches)
- Presentation Sewn and bound by hand in the finest leather and contained in a silk covered clamshell case
Number 1 Copy
The Number 1 copy in the Marquee Edition will include additional special features and be reserved for auction, with all proceeds going directly to the charity of Tendulkar’s choice.
Little Master Edition
A super-sized work in it’s own right, delivering selected brilliant content from the Marquee Edition
- Size 15.8 inches width x 15.8 inches height (40 cms x 40 cms)
- Weight 26 pounds (12 kilos)
- Content 450 pages
- Presentation Sewn and bound by hand in the finest leather and contained in a clamshell case
An accessible boxset of mini-books. Opus Gems feature selective iconic pictures, fascinating facts and great quotations from the Marquee Opus in an educational and entertaining format.
The Official Sachin Tendulkar Opus Apps will bring the Opus experience to a global audience on mobile platforms such as iPhone, iPad and Android.